The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for the Manager, Healthcare Operations opportunity, you must have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the role, you will have:
- One or more of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Security Management, Healthcare Management, or another closely-related field
- A high school diploma or equivalent, combined with professional certifications related to the Healthcare environment
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in the operational, financial and team leadership aspects of a large business enterprise, including significant experience in healthcare; a background in healthcare compliance is a strong advantage
- Prior security-related project management experience in a multi-location environment with demonstrated ability to deliver efficiencies highly preferred. A strong background in healthcare operations may be substituted for security experience
- Demonstrated ability and a history of success organizing and managing the process required to maintain compliance within regulatory environments
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite applications, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoing; CRM experience, ideally Salesforce
- Prior security management experience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Preferred certifications: American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) International Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or Physical Security Professional (PSP), or related International Association for Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS) Certified Healthcare Program Administrator (CHPA)
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills; active listening skills
- The ability to influence without formal authority; skill coaching, mentoring, motivating, and encouraging teamwork
- Outstanding planning, organization and prioritization skills; attention to detail
- Self-motivation with the drive to set and achieve goals
- Forecasting/predicting ability
- Strong critical thinking & problem-solving skills; the ability to effectively assess and evaluate situations and identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Learning acumen with the ability to synthesize facts, concepts and principles; ability to research, compile, sort and interpret data/information
- Ability to mediate conflict with tact and diplomacy
Pictured: G4S Intelligence Programs identify, analyze and report organizational threats and provide situational awareness services from our Global Risk Intelligence Center (GRIC).
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the Director, Healthcare Operations, as Manager, Healthcare Operations, you will be responsible for the operations, performance and customer satisfaction of all security services supporting Healthcare customers within your assigned territory. You will work with internal partners, including Account and Project Managers, with G4S field offices supporting one of the largest healthcare systems in the country by translating regular security into unique healthcare-centric offerings, and clients' stakeholders working onsite at your accounts. This is a busy role requiring an "all hands on deck" approach. Currently, we are transitioning several dozen hospitals which will require your support. Success will require high energy, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to keep multiple balls in the air.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and explaining contract requirements to the servicing field office and regional representatives; interpreting rules and regulations; presenting ideas (verbally and in writing); organizing and planning projects or events; formulating questions and generating thoughtful and reasonable answers to issues.
- Participating in the training of operational managers at facilities; training and guiding others using easy-to-understand concepts and hands-on experience; instilling self-confidence and self-esteem in others.
- Personnel management; providing support and leadership to Healthcare Account and Project Managers (e.g., oversee customer relations, ensure Security Assessments and post orders are updated regularly, liaising between field offices and the healthcare customers they support).
- Project management; implementing standard security operations at each client facility and ensuring compliance through regular visits.
- Contracting compliance; ensuring that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met; quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Performance / budget compliance; taking responsibility for the oversight of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) designed to meet contractual expectations and to include; tracking cost savings initiatives US-wide.
- Foster a team environment
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of security issues affecting Healthcare through:
- Participation in industry associations
- Monitoring legislative changes with the potential to impact G4S’s sales strategies and efforts
- Coordinate the day-to-day administration and specialized reporting functions to ensure quality customer relations
- Create reports that are generated, analyzed, and provided as needed per client contract and G4S Secure Solutions USA policies
- Communicate with client representatives and field offices regularly to facilitate contracted reporting and other activities
- Have quarterly management meetings with each assigned customer
G4S specializes in assessing risk and implementing policies and procedures that safeguard assets, employees, customers and information.
More Good ReasonsAutonomy & support
Assuming you are meeting your goals, you will enjoy a good deal of autonomy in managing your responsibilities. At the same time, you'll be part of an outstanding team and will have plenty of support when you need it.
You bring the upbeat attitude and drive to learn and if there are gaps in your knowledge, we'll train you. G4S offers an outstanding training program and commitment to developing employees and promoting from within whenever possible.
Because you can work across verticals and offer a plethora of solutions, no two weeks will be exactly the same. You'll work with a variety of clients and products and services and have ample opportunities to learn and highlight your talent.
You can feel proud knowing that your efforts will result in safe and secure environments where people can successfully work and thrive.
While you could be happy and successful in this role for years to come, if you choose, and once you prove yourself, you can pursue opportunities in multiple North America G4S divisions and at locations around the world. You bring the drive and ambition, along with a strong runway, and opportunities will become available. With more than 50,000+ employees in the United States and Canada, and 600,000+ around the world, advancement can take you from New York to Hong Kong and everywhere in between.
Pictured: G4S’ experience-based security officer programs give clients the flexibility to select the right type of officer for their specific security and customer-service requirements.
Keys to SuccessWhile you'll need the breadth of your technical abilities and healthcare knowledge, this is role requiring strong relationship building and influencing skills. You'll work with multiple contacts, both internal and external, and seek to guide them through compliance requirements, contracts, issue resolution and much more. It will require patience and a coaching/mentoring style -- this is not a heavy-handed position.
In addition, in order to make a positive impact, you will:
- Manage changes to physical security surveys and post orders
- Implement methods to enhance security and improve efficiency
- Interact with customers to share best practices, offer guidance and expertise and deepen relationships
- Develop and implement quality assurance programs to:
- Assess compliance with Statement of Work and overall quality of work
- Develop resolution of any deficiencies found
- Participate in the selection of supervisory candidates and personnel to assume increased responsibility
- Make sure you carry your weight in a collaborative, busy atmosphere